Bollywood actress Kajol’s deepfake video has gone viral on-line. The video is a deepfake of an individual altering garments, with Kajol’s face pasted on them.
This deepfake video has been circulating on numerous social media platforms together with Fb, X (previously often known as Twitter), YouTube. Nonetheless, the video just isn’t of Kajol however of a social media influencer.
This video comes after a deepfake video of one other Indian actress, Rashmika Mandanna, went viral on social media just lately.
- Kajol has been a sufferer of deepfake expertise because the morphed video showcases the actress altering her outfit.
- This deepfake video includes a social media influencer named Rosie Breenwith, and Kajol’s face is superimposed on her face.
- In response to a report, this manipulated video was initially shared on TikTok in June this yr.
- The video showcases the well-known ‘Get Prepared With Me’ pattern that has been trending on social media, the place content material creators share their magnificence routines and dressing up.
What occurred with Rashmika Mandanna
- A number of days in the past, a deepfake video that includes Indian actress Rashmika Mandanna created each controversy and concern in Bollywood.
- Within the video, which purportedly exhibits Mandanna getting into an elevator, was found to be a deepfake.
- In response to the video, Mandanna wrote how the expertise has been “extraordinarily scary” and highlighted the pressing want to handle the risks of identification theft and the misuse of expertise.
I really feel actually harm to share this and have to speak concerning the deepfake video of me being unfold on-line.
One thing like that is truthfully, extraordinarily scary not just for me, but additionally for every considered one of us who right now is weak to a lot hurt due to how expertise is being misused.…
— Rashmika Mandanna (@iamRashmika) November 6, 2023
Indian govt steps in
In response to the uproar surrounding a deepfake that includes Bollywood actress Rashmika Mandanna, the Indian authorities has issued a directive to outstanding social media platforms.
- The federal government urged these platforms to swiftly tackle the problem of deepfakes and eradicate any content material contributing to the dissemination of false data.
- Social media platforms have been instructed to take away such content material inside 36 hours from the time a grievance is filed.
Deepfake movies are an instance of how Synthetic Intelligence (AI) will be misused.
Adblock take a look at (Why?)