Mrinal Kulkarni is an Indian TV & movie actress, movie director, and theatre artist. She is legendary for enjoying the position of an angel within the Hindi TV present ‘Son Pari’ (2000).
Mrinal Dev Kulkarni was born on Monday, 21 June 1971 (age 51 years; as of 2022) in Pune, Maharashtra. Her zodiac signal is Gemini.
She did MA in Linguistics from Savitribai Phule Pune College, Pune, Maharashtra.
Peak (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Household & Caste
Mrinal Kulkarni was born in a Marathi Deshastha Brahmin household.
Mother and father & Siblings
Her father, Vijay Deo (Dev), was a author and professor, who died on 11 April 2019 because of sickness. Her mom, Veena Dandekar Deo (Dev), is a author. She has a sister named Madhura Deo (Dev).
Different Family members
Her maternal grandfather, Gopal Nilkanth Dandekar, was a famend Indian author. Her maternal grandmother’s identify is Neera Dandekar.
Husband & Kids
On 10 June 1990, she obtained married to her childhood good friend Ruchir Kulkarni (a lawyer). The couple is blessed with a son named Virajas Kulkarni, who works as an actor, author, and director in Marathi and Hindi movies.
In 1990, whereas she was acting at an inter-college competition, she was noticed by the famend Marathi movie actor & director Gajanan Jahagirdar. He provided her the position of Ramabai Peshwe within the 1987 Marathi TV sequence ‘Swami.’ In an interview, whereas remembering the incident, Mrinal mentioned,
Truly, it was at an inter-collegiate competition in 1990 that Gajanan Jahagirdar, who was making Swami, noticed me. I wasn’t searching for roles or something. Since Swami was a prestigious mission, I agreed instantly. Even then, I continued with my research, took my commencement exams.”
She has appeared in numerous different Marathi TV serials together with ‘The Nice Maratha’ (1994), ‘Avantika’ (2001), and ‘Raja Shivchatrapati’ (2020).
She debuted within the Hindi TV serial ‘Shrikant’ (1987) wherein she performed the position of Abhaya Shrikant.
A few of her different Hindi TV serials are ‘Son Pari’ (2000), ‘Astitva…Ek Prem Kahani’ (2002), ‘Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat’ (2008), and ‘Kaali – Ek Agnipariksha’ (2018).
Mrinal made her debut within the Marathi movies with ‘Maza Saubhagya’ (1994) as Sumati.
She has acted in lots of Marathi movies like ‘Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha’ (2012), ‘Prem Mhanje Prem Mhanje Prem Asta’ (2013), ‘Farzand’ (2018), and ‘Pawankhind’ (2022).
In 1989, she made her Bollywood debut with the movie ‘Kamla Ki Maut’ wherein she performed the position of Charu S. Patel.
She has acted in numerous Hindi movies reminiscent of ‘Jai Dakshineshwar Kali Ma’ (1996), ‘Veer Savarkar’ (2001), ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’ (2014), and ‘The Kashmir Information’ (2022).
In 2016, she authored a e-book titled ‘Make-up Utravlyawar.’
She has additionally carried out in numerous Hindi and Marathi theatre performs. Mrinal has labored as a author and director in just a few Marathi movies like ‘Prem Mhanje Prem Mhanje Prem Asta’ (2013; directorial debut), ‘Rama Madhav’ (2014), and ‘Ti and Ti’ (2019).
She has additionally featured in just a few TV commercials reminiscent of Vicco Turmeric Pores and skin Cream, Krishna Milk, and Brooke Bond Crimson Label.
In 2021, she performed the position of Deep’s mom within the ZEE5 Hindi internet sequence ‘Jeet Ki Zid.’
- 2001: Display Award within the Greatest Actress class for the Marathi movie Jodidar
- 2018: Nationwide Movie Award for Greatest Function Movie in English Thag/ Quest
- 2018: Suryadatta Nationwide Award for Appearing
- 2018: Black Swan Award for “Excellent Contribution within the Area of Marathi Movies & Tv” Award at India’s Biggest Manufacturers & Leaders 2017-18 Awards & Summit
- After finishing her commencement, she wished to pursue a PhD diploma from SNDT Girls’s College in Mumbai, however as she began getting extra affords for performing, she stop the thought of additional research. In an interview, whereas speaking about it, she mentioned,
I used to be provided Shrikant. I did it as a way to work with proficient actors like Farooque Sheikh. But, I used to be so positive that I wished to complete my PhD. I wasn’t comfy doing the sort of roles that had been being provided to me. So I enrolled myself for analysis at SNDT College. In the meantime, I obtained married. I had a son. The affords saved coming. Then in 1996, Sanjay Khan provided me a selection of roles in The Nice Maratha. I refused it outright, however he insisted that I ought to no less than hear him out. He provided me a selection between taking part in the position of Mahadji Scindia’s spouse and Ahilyabai Holkar. By the top of the assembly, Ahilyabai Holkar’s position had caught my fancy. It was then that I believed that I’d take up performing as a occupation.”
- In 2009, she did her coaching in Kathak underneath the famend Kathak guru Pandit Uma Dogra Ji for the Hindi TV serial ‘Meera.’
- She has been related as a most cancers activist with an NGO named CanConnect in Mumbai, for a really very long time.
- Mrinal is a religious particular person and has a deep religion in Lord Ganesha.
- She is a canine lover and has a pet canine named Eva.
- In her leisure time, she likes to journey and browse books.