Neetu Singh is a veteran Bollywood actress. She began performing as a baby artist with the title ‘Child Sonia.’
Neetu Singh was born on Tuesday, 8 July 1958 (age 61 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. Her zodiac signal is Most cancers. She did her education from Hill Grange Excessive Faculty, Mumbai.
Peak: 5′ 5″
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Household & Caste
She was born in a Jatt Sikh household.
Dad and mom & Siblings
Her father’s title is Late Darshan Singh, and her mom’s title is Late Rajee Kaur. She is the one little one of her mother and father. When she was too younger, her father handed away. She was introduced up by her mom.
Relationships, Husband & Youngsters
She met the veteran Bollywood actor, Rishi Kapoor whereas taking pictures for a movie. In 1979, Rishi Kapoor proposed her, and after relationship for 5 years the couple tied the knot on 22 January 1980.
Their wedding ceremony was a hi-profile celebration held on the Chembur Golf Course Submit in Mumbai and wedding ceremony reception was held on the RK Studio, Mumbai.
Neetu gave start to her first little one, Riddhima Kapoor Sahni on 15 September 1980. Riddhima is a clothier and married to the Delhi-based industrialist, Bharat Sahni. Neetu’s second little one is the well-known Bollywood actor, Ranbir Kapoor, who was born on 28 September 1982.
On 30 April 2020, Neetu’s husband, Rishi Kapoor handed away after a two-year-long battle with leukaemia in Mumbai.
She debuted as a baby actor within the Bollywood movie, ‘Suraj’ in 1966. She acted as a baby actor in lots of Bollywood movies, like ‘Dus Lakh’ (1966), ‘Do Kaliyaan’ (1968), ‘Waris’ (1969), and ‘Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani’ (1970).
She debuted as a feminine lead in ‘Rikshawala’ (1972). She was paired along with her boyfriend or She was paired with Rishi Kapoor (her then-boyfriend) in 12 Bollywood movies, together with ‘Zehreela Insaan (1974), ‘Khel Khel Mein’ (1975), ‘Rafoo Chakkar’ (1975), ‘Kabhie Kabhie’ (1976), ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’ (1977), and ‘Dhan Daulat’ (1980).
After getting married to Rishi Kapoor, she left Bollywood on the age of 21. After virtually 26 years, she made a comeback with the 2009 Bollywood movie, ‘Love Aaj Kal;’ reverse her husband. Later, she appeared as a supporting actor within the movies, like ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ (2010), ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ (2012), and ‘Besharam’ (2013).
Reportedly, in 1997, Neetu Singh filed a police criticism in opposition to her husband, Rishi Kapoor for being violent after consuming an excessive amount of alcohol. Later, she denied it and termed it as rumours. In an interview, Neetu’s son, Ranbir shared the moments of his troubled childhood, he stated
My mother and father had a really troubled marriage for a very long time, and I used to be caught within the center as a result of I used to be there. Mother tried to ensure it didn’t have an effect on us. She did that by being open about it, which was good. However let’s simply say I didn’t develop up with any rose-tinted illusions about love. I discovered the onerous method how sophisticated a relationship between a person and girl could possibly be. Typically the fights would get actually unhealthy. I might be sitting on the steps, my head between my knees, until 5 – 6 within the morning, ready for them to cease.”
- Cuisines: Japanese and Lebanese
- Restaurant: China Backyard in Mumbai
- Her actual title is Harneet Kaur.
- She learnt dancing from Vyjayanthimala’s dance college in Bombay.
- The legendary actress, Vyjayanthimala noticed Neetu and supplied her the function of a kid artist within the movie ‘Suraj’ in 1966.
- Her mom, Rajee Singh performed her reel mom within the Bollywood movie ‘Rani Aur Lalpari’ (1975).
- When Rishi Kapoor was taking pictures for the Bollywood movie, Barood (1976), he realised his love for Neetu Singh and wrote a telegram to her saying,
Sikhni badi yaad aati hai.”
- In an interview, Neetu shared that originally, her mom was not completely happy along with her friendship with Rishi, she stated,
My mother didn’t prefer it when she heard about our affair. She would get very upset when he would flirt with me. She didn’t know whether or not he would get married to me. I needed to persuade her that I needed to go on a date with Rishi, however she would ship my cousin with me as a chaperone. I lived with my mom Rajee Singh even after I acquired married. Since she was alone, Rishi felt that she ought to reside with us, which was actually very gracious of him.
- Reportedly, Neetu and Rishi acquired engaged to one another secretly whereas that they had gone to attend a pal’s marriage.
- Neetu used to wrap up her taking pictures by 8 pm; because it was instructed by Rishi Kapoor.
- Her wedding ceremony mandap was utilized in Raj Kapoor’s movie ‘Prem Rog’ (1982).
- In an interview, she shared her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor, she stated,
There’s a nice bonding between Ranbir and me. He appears to be like like me, talks like me and temperamentally we’re a lot alike whereas Riddhima is like her father, in appears to be like in addition to nature.”
- In 2011, Neetu and Rishi received Zee Cine Award for the Greatest Lifetime Jodi.
- Neetu’s handprint is preserved on the Stroll of the Stars, an leisure corridor of fame at Bandra Bandstand in Mumbai along with her title, Neetu Kapoor.
- Reportedly, she nonetheless provides pocket cash to her son Ranbir Kapoor.
- She calls Ranbir “Raymond;” as she considers him an ideal man.
- She follows a non-vegetarian weight loss plan.
- Her hobbies embody cooking, gymming, and doing meditation.