Ranjit Bawa Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wife, Biography & More
|Real Name||Gurpreet Singh|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Model, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 73 kg
in pounds– 161 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 13 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Punjabi Film: Toofan Singh (2015)
Punjabi Song: Jatt Di Akal (2013)
|Date of Birth||14 March 1989|
|Age (as in 2020||31Years|
|Birthplace||Wadala Granthian village, Gurdaspur, Punjab|
|Hometown||Mohali, Punjab, India|
|College/University||Guru Nanak College, Batala, Khalsa College, Amritsar
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Political Science
Post Graduate in Music
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Shopping|
|Controversy||In 2015, after the live stage performance at the Nakoder Mela, the Punjabi singer, Preet Harpal, claimed copyright issues on the song that he performed at the event.|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Late S. Gajjan Singh Bajwa
Mother– Gurmit Kaur Bajwa
|Favourite Food||Rajma, Matar-Paneer, Mushroom|
|Favourite Actor||Guggu Gill|
|Favourite Actresses||Alia Bhatt, Sonam Bajwa|
|Favourite Films||Paan Singh Tomar, Carry On Jatta, Punjab 1984|
|Favourite Singers||Kuldeep Manak, Gurdas Maan, Satinder Sartaj|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Vancouver (Canada)|
|Car Collection||Maruti Swift, Ford Endeavour, BMW
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ranjit Bawa
- Does Ranjit Bawa smoke?: No
- Does Ranjit Bawa drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ranjit started singing at his school when he was in 6th standard, for which he received good compliments from
- his teachers and mates.
Ranjit Bawa in his childhood
- From childhood to adolescence, his music teacher Master Mangal trained and motivated him to participate in music competitions.
- Bawa actively participated in his college’s music competitions and won them all.
In 2013, he won the “PTC Best Folk Oriented Song Award” for his song Jatt Di Akal.
- After the success of his debut Pakistani song “Miti Da Bawa” (2015), he became so popular that he was often recognized with the name “Bawa.” For this song, he won the “Best World Album Award” in the 2015 Brit Asia Awards.
- Some of his popular Punjabi songs include “Jean,” “Sadi Wari Aun De,” “Sher Marna,” “Yaari Chandigarh Waliye,” “Munda Sadara Da,” “Dollar Vs Roti,” “Ja Ve Mundiya,” “Hik Vich Zor,” “Khand da Khidona,” and “Bachpan.”
- In 2015, he made a semi-biographical film (Toofan Singh) about the 1980s Punjabi activist Shaheed Bhai Jugraj Singh Toofan which was highly appreciated.
- During his college days, Ranjit has sung the song “Bol Miti Deya Baweya” many times after which his teachers and friends named him ‘Bawa.’
- He has struggled for 15 years before achieving success.
- Ranjit used to bunk his classes when some singer arrived at his place and he used to notice each detail about how they perform.
- It was his mentor, Master Mangal Singh, who motivated Ranjit to perform on the live shows.
Ranjit Bawa with his mentor