Roopa Ganguly is an Indian politician, former actress, and playback singer. She is greatest identified for enjoying the function of ‘Draupadi’ within the Indian epic tv sequence “Mahabharat” (1988).
Roopa Ganguly was born on Friday, 25 November 1966 (age 53 years; as in 2019) in Kalyani, Kolkata. Her zodiac signal is Sagittarius. She did her education from Kolkata’s Beltala Women’ Excessive College and went to Jogamaya Devi School to pursue Bachelor of Science. After finishing her commencement, Roopa did a couple of Bengali TV sequence.
Peak (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Household & Caste
Dad and mom & Siblings
Roopa Ganguly belongs to a Hindu Household. She is the daughter of Samarendra Lal Ganguly and Juthika Ganguly. Not a lot is thought about her siblings.
Husband & Youngsters
Roopa bought married to Dhrubo Mukerjee (Mechanical Engineer) in 1992. The couple has a son named Akash Mukherjee, who was born in 1997. Ganguly had a really powerful home life as Dhrubo couldn’t take the celebrity she had. Mukerjee tried to destroy her profession a number of instances. The couple bought divorced in 2006.
Roopa was additionally in a live-in relationship with the playback singer, Dibyendu, who’s 13 years youthful to Roopa. The couple lived in Roopa’s Mumbai flat. Their relationship ended roughly after a couple of months of companionship.
Performing & Singing Profession
Roopa began her appearing profession by doing a couple of Bengali TV serials. In 1986, she gained recognition after showing within the TV sequence “Muktabandha.” She made her movie debut in 1988 with Prabhat Roy’s Bengali movie “Prateek.” In the identical 12 months, she appeared in B. R. Chopra’s “Mahabharat.” She earned extensive recognition by enjoying the function of ‘Draupadi’ within the TV sequence.
Ganguly has labored in TV serials like “Karam Apna Apna,” “Love Story,” “Vakt Batyega Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya,” “Kasturi,” and “Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hello Kijo.”
Roopa Ganguly entered politics in 2015 by becoming a member of the Bharatiya Janata Social gathering (BJP). In 2016 West Bengal Legislative Meeting Elections, Ganguly misplaced from Howrah North to Trinamool Congress candidate, Laxmi Ratan Shukla. In the identical 12 months, she was nominated to the Rajya Sabha rather than the cricketer, Navjot Singh Sidhu, who had resigned from the celebration.
- In February 2017, Roopa Ganguly and BJP’s then Nationwide Secretary, Kailash Vijayvargiya had been summoned by the the Crime Investigation Division for interrogation the high-profile Jalpaiguri baby trafficking case, after the important thing accused within the baby trafficking racket alleged Ganguly of her involvement within the case.
- Roopa Ganguly landed into an argument for making controversial remarks concerning the security of girls in West Bengal. Whereas attacking the Mamta Banerjee authorities, Ganguly stated, “Ship their (Trinamool staff) wives and daughters to Bengal… If they’re able to survive there for 15 days with out getting raped, then inform me.” This sparkled outrage amongst West Bengal’s authorities and an FIR was filed towards her.
- Ganguly once more stirred an argument for unraveling many stunning facets of her private life when she appeared within the well-liked TV present “Sach Ka Saamna.” Roopa confessed of getting amorous affairs exterior her marriage and in addition confessed of being requested for sexual favours in return of roles in Bollywood. She even went on to disclose that she had as soon as bought a name on her landline, providing her Rs. 50,000 to spend an evening together with her.
- Smita Patil Memorial Award for Greatest Actress for the TV sequence “Mahabharat” (1989)
- Kalakar Award for Greatest Actress for the TV present “Mukta Bandha” (1993)
- Bengal Movie Journalists’ Affiliation Award for Greatest Supporting Actress for the movie “Ujan” (1996)
- Kalakar Award for Greatest Actress for the movie “Yugant” (1998)
- Kalakar Award for Greatest Actress for the tv sequence “Ingeet” (2002)
- Dhaka Worldwide Movie Competition Award for Greatest Actress for the movie “Krantikaal” (2006)
- Bengal Movie Journalists’ Affiliation Award for Greatest Supporting Actress for the movie “Antarmahal” (2006)
- Nationwide Movie Award for Greatest Feminine Playback Singer for the movie “Abosheshey” (2011)
- Her hobbies embody studying novels and listening to music.
- Apparently, Ganguly tried suicide thrice however survived everytime. She disclosed in an interview that she left her profession for her marriage, moved to Kolkata, turned a domesticated housewife, was denied for every day bills and as a last resort, tried suicide.
- In 2009, she appeared on the present “Hi there Bolchi Pals” on Pals FM.
- Reportedly, in Might 2016, Roopa’s automotive was attacked by the Trinamool Social gathering staff in Diamond Harbour space of the South 24 Parganas district in the course of the West Bengal Legislative Meeting Elections.
- Aside from being an actor and politician, Roopa can be a educated Rabindra Sangeet Voacalist and a classical dancer.
- She is extensively identified for her versatility and accent adaptation.
- Roopa is among the Board Members of the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan.