Shantanu Moitra is an Indian music composer and musician. He’s identified for composing the Bollywood music Behti Hawa Sa Tha Wo from the movie 3 Idiots and Chaar Kadam from the movie PK (2014).
Shantanu Moitra was born on Monday, 22 January 1968 (age 54 years; as of 2022) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac signal is Aquarius. Shantanu spent his childhood in Delhi and Kolkata. In an interview, Shantanu recalled his childhood days and shared that he used to spend his summer season holidays at his pishi’s (aunt’s) residence in Lake Gardens, Kolkata. Shantanu added in the identical dialogue that he belongs to a household of musicians from Banaras (now Varanasi), and he grew up listening to music which influenced Shantanu to pursue a profession in music. Shantanu did his education on the Springdale Faculty, New Delhi. Later, after finishing his education, he pursued a Bachelor of Economics on the Deshbandhu School, College of Delhi.
Top (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Shantanu Moitra belongs to a Bengali household.
Mother and father & Siblings
Shantanu Moitra’s father, Sailesh Moitra, was a Sarod participant. On 3 Could 2021, Sailesh Moitra died after affected by Corona Virus.
Sailesh Moitra’s mom, Manju Moitra, is an artist. Shantanu Moitra is the one baby of his mother and father.
Spouse & Kids
On 23 November 1993, Shantanu Moitra bought married to Sarada Moitra, an artist. The couple has a son named Shubham Moitra.
Shantanu Moitra follows Hinduism.
Shopper Servicing Govt
Earlier than venturing into music composing, Shantanu Moitra labored as a shopper servicing government at an promoting company. Sooner or later, Shantanu Moitra’s boss and the director of the Hindi movie Parineeta, Pradeep Sarkar, requested Shantanu to compose a jingle throughout an workplace disaster. The jingle was composed for a potato chips firm named Uncle Chips, whose jingle was “Bole mere lips, I really like uncle chips.” After the discharge of the jingle, it instantly earned recognition. In an interview, Shantanu Moitra talked about this and mentioned,
He (Pradeep Sarkar) informed me, ‘I’ve two traces; do you suppose you possibly can compose?’ I mentioned, ‘What are the traces?’ He mentioned, ‘Bole mere lips. I really like Uncle Chipps.
Shantanu Moitra, within the preliminary days of his music profession, composed numerous album songs like Ab ke Saawan, Mann Ke Manjeere: an album of girls’s desires for Breakthrough, and Sapna Dekha Hai Maine (2003) for Shubha Mudgal. In 2002, he signed his first Hindi movie Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi. Then, in 2005, he labored for the Hindi movie Parineeta the place his music earned accolades. Later, Shantanu labored as a music composer for a lot of Hindi movies like Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006), 3 Idiots (2009), Rajneeti (2010), pk (2014), Pink (2016), and Gulabo Sitabo (2020).
Subsequently, in 2008, he made his debut within the Bengali leisure business by working as a music composer for the movie Antaheen. Subsequently, he labored on many Bengali films like Paanch Adhyay (2012), Aparajita Tumi (2012), and Buno Haansh (2014). In 2013, he labored as a background music composer for the Telegu movie Naa Bangaaru Talli. His music was critically acclaimed within the Telegu movie and gained the Nationwide Movie Awards for finest music course.
In 2018, he made his tv debut by internet hosting a Bengali tv music actuality present Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Bangla. In an interview, Shantanu talked concerning the members within the music actuality present and mentioned,
I really like such skills. Every contestant has a narrative, a narrative behind their musical journey. Throughout this season of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa I’ve met so many younger skills. Like, Lama, who’s from North Bengal. He by no means had a correct coaching. His mom works as a labourer in an area tea backyard. But their degree of dedication and expertise amuses me. What makes me happier is the innocence they’ve.”
In August 2022, Shantanu Moitra made his digital debut with the journey net collection ‘The songs of the River,’ which streamed on Disney+Hotstar. The six-episode collection which was shot between October 2021 to December 2021, follows Shantanu Moitra’s emotional and religious journey to the Ganges. Within the journey net collection, Shantanu lined greater than 3000 kilometres on a bicycle alongside the river Ganges from Gomukh in Uttarakhand to Gangasagar in West Bengal; he used a mountain bike for the journey. In accordance with Shantanu, after his father handed away after affected by Corona Virus, Shantanu wished to pay tribute to all those that had succumbed to the virus on behalf of their members of the family. Due to this fact, Shantanu, after finishing the final rites of his father, carried out his thought of Ananth Yatra on a bicycle. Within the Ananth Yatra, Shantanu carried images of approx 800 individuals who succumbed to the virus.
In an interview, Shantanu Moitra talked about his journey to the Ganges and mentioned,
These images, shared with me by individuals who misplaced their family members throughout Covid, had been printed on discarded cotton wool and had Tulsi seeds in them. I wished to carry out a ceremony for them. In Gangasagar, there’s a memorial now of Covid sufferers at a faculty, Swami Kapilanand Vidya Bhavan. The memorial is an affidavit to what these two years (of the pandemic) had been. I dug these images within the soil. The metamorphosis of pictures to vegetation signifies that life goes on.”
• In 2006, he gained Filmfare RD Burman Award as new music expertise for the Hindi movie Parineeta (2005).
• In 2006, he was Nominated for Apsara Awards as the perfect music director for the movie Parineeta (2005).
• In 2010, he gained the IIFA Awards for Finest Music Path for the Hindi movie 3 Idiots (2009).
• In 2010, he was nominated for The Well-liked Awards because the Finest Music Director for the Hindi movie 3 Idiots (2009).
• In 2010, he gained Movie Music Awards for finest movie album for the Hindi movie 3 Idiots (2009).
• In 2014, he gained Nationwide Movie Awards for Finest Background Rating for the Telegu movie Naa Bangaaru Taali.
• In 2014, he gained Technical Awards for Background Rating of the 12 months for the Hindi movie Madras Cafe (2013).
In 2022, he gained Filmfare Awards for finest rating for the Hindi movie Sardar Udham (2021).
Music Director(s): Salil Chaudhary, R.D. Burman, John Williams
Music Composer(s): Vishal Bhardwaj, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, A. R.Rahman
Singer(s): Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Sunidhi Chauhan
- Shantanu Moitra loves travelling to completely different locations. In 2016, Shantanu together with Dhritiman Mukherjee, an award-winning photographer from Kolkata, visited the Himalayas on a 100-day journey. He visited Ladakh, Lahaul-Spiti, Uttarakhand, Nepal, Tibet, and Arunanchal Pradesh throughout his journey. Moreover, he uploaded a collection of music titled “The Track of Himalayas,” impressed by Shantanu’s 100-day journey via the Himalayas. In an interview, he talked about this and mentioned,
I’ve at all times finished these items in life. The thought for 100 Days within the Himalayas fashioned throughout 3 idiots, however I left proper after PK. Right here was an enormous hit, after which my cellphone was off for a few 100 days. That’s suicide in Bollywood! However any person who actually understands journey will know that there isn’t any substitute for the lure of smelling a brand new land, of studying a few phrases in a brand new language, sharing a cup of tea with strangers in a complete new temperature. For me, journey is an inner journey. I transcend internally after I journey.
- Initially, Shantanu Moitra labored for a financial institution; nevertheless, later, he stop his job. In accordance with Shantanu, he wished to journey with out having to ask for holidays. In an interview, he talked about this and mentioned,
Twenty-seven years in the past, I left my job with a financial institution as a result of I wished to journey. And I wished to journey with out having to ask a bunch of grumpy individuals for holidays. So what else might I do, the place I might earn cash but in addition didn’t should ask for leaves? The reply was (advert) jingles. Unbiased music was the best way to fulfil my dream of travelling, and instantly I used to be free. Earlier than that, I used to be far-off from the world of music, simply one other good Bengali middle-class boy making an attempt to make his mother and father proud. In that method, my love for journey led me to my love for music.”
- In an interview, whereas mentioning his ardour for travelling, Shantanu mentioned that he pursued a profession in music composing for exploring locations.
- He shares friendship with Gulzar. In an interview, whereas speaking about this Shantanu mentioned that they each usually mentioned Astronomy.
- Shantanu additionally shares bond with Shreya Ghoshal. At Shreya Ghoshal’s wedding ceremony, Shantanu Moitra was one of many few individuals from the Indian music business who had been invited to the ceremony.
- Shantanu Moitra took three years of biking coaching periods for his journey net collection ‘The Songs of the River.’ For the online collection, Shantanu cycled approx 8 hours to 10 hours on daily basis between October 2021 to December 2021.
- In accordance with Shantanu, he has a eager curiosity in astronomy.
- In an interview, whereas speaking about his love for Northeastern meals (India), Shantanu quoted,
I really like the meals, particularly from Nagaland. I really like their black bean sauce, the best way they put together pork, even the pungent soya bean sauce. When you recover from the odor of fermentation, the style is mind-blowing. Then there’s the dried meat. Northeast can be the storehouse of non-veg achar. In Lucknow, the place I used to be born, and Delhi, the place I grew up, pickles are at all times made with greens. So this was an enormous discovery for me. I need to additionally point out the dish that binds the Himalayas collectively, the straightforward dal-bhaat (dal-rice), tastier with the attractive views of the area.”
- Shantanu Moitra has appeared as a speaker at TEDx occasions at Ahmedabad College and IIT Kharagpur.
- Shantanu, a canine lover, had a pet canine named Lara. In 2021, his pet canine Lara handed away.
- He follows a non-vegetarian food regimen.