Sonu Sood Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Actor, Model, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height ||in centimeters– 185 cm
in meters– 1.85 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 0¾”
|Debut||Tamil Film: Kallazhagar (1999)
|Date of Birth||30 July 1973 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Moga, Punjab, India|
|School||Sacred Heart School, Moga|
|College/University||Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Electronic Engineering|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian |
|Hobbies||Playing the Guitar, Doing Workout, Kick-Boxing|
|Controversies||• A fraud case was filed against him by producer Sheetal Talwar as he had lent him a certain property in Yari Road, Mumbai on the condition that it was free of any legal dispute, but it wasn’t. 
• Sonu Sood attracted controversy after he stepped out of the Bollywood film, “Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi.” When the Bollywood actress, Kangana Ranaut alleged him of leaving the film because he was not willing to work with a female director, Sonu said, “Kangana is a dear friend and she will always remain one but this constant playing the woman card, the victim card and making this entire issue about male chauvinism is ridiculous. The gender of the director is not the issue. Competence is. Let’s not confuse the two. I’ve worked with Farah Khan who’s a competent woman director and Farah and I had a great professional equation and we are still best of friends. That’s all I would like to say.” 
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son(s)– Ayaan Sood
|Parents||Father– Shakti Sagar Sood (Entrepreneur)
Sister(s)– Monika Sood (Elder; Scientist)
Malvika Sachar (Younger)
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Sylvester Stallone|
|Actress(es)||Sridevi, Raveena Tandon|
|Musician||R. D. Burman|
|Car Collection||Porsche, Audi Q7
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonu Sood
- Does Sonu Sood smoke?: No 
- Does Sonu Sood drink alcohol?: No 
- Sonu Sood is an Indian actor who mainly works in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi films.
- Sonu was born in a upper middle-class family in Moga, Punjab.
Sonu Sood in childhood
- After completing his schooling, Sonu worked at his father’s showroom in Moga for a while.
Sonu Sood in his school days
- He, then, did his graduation in Electronic Engineering from Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur.
- When he was in the second year of his college, Sood got motivated to pursue modelling and acting as his career.
Sonu Sood in his modelling days
- After graduating from college, Sonu relocated to Mumbai and began searching for work.
- When he went to Mumbai, Sonu had just Rs. 5500.
- Sonu spent his initial days in Mumbai in a one-room-kitchen apartment with six other boys.
- During his struggling days in Mumbai, Sood did a job in a private firm in South Mumbai to support his everyday expenses.
- As his job involved field work, he got a monthly train pass made from Borivali to Churchgate.
Sonu Sood’s monthly train pass
- From his office job, he used to earn Rs. 4500 per month.
- Prior to becoming an actor, Sood had participated in the Grasim Mr. India contest and reached the top 5.
- Sonu made his acting debut in 1999 with the Tamil film, “Kallazhagar.”
- He marked his debut in Bollywood in 2002 with the Bollywood film, “Shaheed-E-Azam.”
- Sood shot to fame after appearing in the Bollywood film “Yuva.”
Sonu Sood in Yuva
- Some of his popular Telugu films include “Athadu,” “Ashok,” “Arundhati,” “Ek Niranjan,” and “Shakti.”
Sonu Sood in Ashok
- Sonu has worked in many popular Bollywood films, including “Aashiq Banaya Aapne,” “Dabangg,” “Happy New Year,” “Gabbar Is Back,” and “Simmba.”
Sonu Sood in Dabangg
- Sood has also featured in the Chinese film, “Xuanzang.”
Sonu Sood in Xuanzang
- Due to the common surnames, once, Miss India finalist and actress Asmita Sood, was mistaken as his sister.
- He has worked in 7 different language movies: Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi, English, and Punjabi.
- He was supposed to act in the Hindi and the Telugu remake of Zanjeer but had to pull back due to his injury.
- Despite being spiritual, he had given up praying for around 4 years after the demise of his mother.
- His first modelling assignment earned him Rs. 500, which he spent to buy himself a jeans.
- Sonu is very particular about his fitness and hits the gym regularly.
Sonu Sood inside the gym
- He has appeared on the covers of many popular magazines, like “You & I,” “Health & Nutrition,” “Just Urbane,” and “Krunch Today.”
Sonu Sood on the cover of the Just Urbane Magazine
- Sonu is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
Sonu Sood praying to Lord Ganesha
- Sood is passionate about animals and has a pet dog, Snowy.
Sonu Sood with his pet dog
- He did a film Kung Fu Yoga with Jackie Chan, during the shoot of which they became good friends.
Sonu Sood with Jackie Chan
- He has a production house called Shakti Sagar Productions.
- Amid the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he was hailed for helping migrants. Sonu helped thousands of migrant workers, stranded by the Covid-19 lockdown in Mumbai, return home. While talking about it in an interview, Sonu said,
“It gave me sleepless nights when I saw visuals of people walking hundreds of kilometres to reach their villages.”
On 30 July 2020, he shared a throwback picture of himself on Twitter from a photoshoot in 1997. He also wrote –
“And I dared to become an actor.”
Sonu Sood in a photoshoot in 1997